‘The Four: Battle for Stardom’ could be down to just three judges when the Fox reality singing show will air its live finale on 8th February.
The music producer, as well as president of Republic Records Group and also the judge alongside Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs, DJ Khaled, Meghan Trainor, will no longer appear on the show following the sexual assault allegations, which were denied by him. Charlie Walk in a statement provided to Deadline through his attorney Patricia Glaser has said, “Out of respect for the contestants, my fellow judges and everyone involved with the show, I have made the decision not to attend the finale of The Four.” He continued, “I do not want my presence to be a distraction. Needless to say, this is very upsetting.”
Charlie further added, “Although I continue to support the ‘Me Too’ movement, there has been an extreme rush to judgment against me.” He said that he welcomes any investigation so that in short order the unfounded and hurtful accusations can be put to rest. Charlie’s former employee Tristan Coopersmith has accused Charlie of sexually assaulting her, earlier this week. Tristan, the Life Lab founder has said in an open letter posted to her company’s website that Charlie has inappropriately touched her, made ‘lewd comments’ about her body as well as shared his sexual fantasies with her.
She has also claimed that he has once pushed her onto his bed in his bedroom when he as intoxicated. Although, Charlie has denied all the accusations in a statement to ET and has said that there had never been a single HR claiming against him during his career. As per Deadline reports, on Wednesday, Charlie has been suspended by his Universal Music Group label Republic Records as a second woman has come forward with the claims of inappropriate conduct.